TopBand: Re: Beverage antenna (fwd)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Beverage antenna (fwd)
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 17:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 15:11:56 -0400
From: Frank Donovan <donovanf@jekyll.sgate.com>
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Re: Beverage antenna

As with any antenna project, there are many ways to go wrong...
Please provide more detail on your Beverage, including such items as:

 - Distance from any other towers or antennas

 - How you interface your transmission line to the Beverage.  Provide
details including grounding, isolation of the transmission line shield
from the Beverage, impedance transformation, and is the transmission
buried, laying on the ground or suspended in the air?

 - How do you terminate the end of the Beverage opposite the transmission
line?

 - Is each end of the Beverage sloped or vertical?

 - How are the Beverage wires supported?

I'll be pleased to provide further advice when I better understand your
antenna.  Please reply to: donovanf@sgate.com

73
Frank
W3LPL