[TenTec] Omni-C 40m/80m alignment question

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-C 40m/80m alignment question
From: Marinos Markomanolakis M.D. <sv9dru@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:35:06 +0000
In my newly acquired 546 Rx sensitivity increases towards the higher end and
seems to go down towards 7.0 Mhz.
Also in the 80m band, sensitivity seems to be much more towards 3,5Mhz,
gradually falling towards 4Mhz

Going through alignment of the front end and VFO mixers per the manual did not
help to any significant degree.
Suspecting that coil L1 (the one not supposed to be touched during front end
alignment) may be somewhat off for the preselector to track, but I am hesitant
to disturb it, especially since there are no instructions for its alignment in
the manual.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 73
Marinos sv9dru / ki4gin