Re: [TenTec] Issue with Centurion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Issue with Centurion
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 07:24:42 -1000
Plate current is not as great a concern as grid current. Excessive grid
current can damage the tubes quickly. The power supply is probably not
capable of supplying enough plate current to damage the tubes as long as
the "excessive" current only lasts for several seconds. When tuning don't
worry too much about the plate current being too high for a few seconds. Be
more careful with the grid current.

DE N6KB