Re: [TenTec] carrier suppression on Jupiter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] carrier suppression on Jupiter
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:01:21 +1100
Hi Paul,

Sorry for my ignorance but, is the Jupiter still an analog SSB rig or an
SDR ?

I have a similar issue in my Scout, the carrier suppression adjustment
gives me a minimum... but it is not deep enough.

I was thinking of fitting a new balanced modulator chip, but they are
obsolete. It would be good to know of practical experiences using the ones
sold at aliexpress (not the real thing, just "inspired by the original" in
the best of cases).

73,
Carlos VK1EA
Canberra - Australia