Re: [TenTec] Paragon Reference Oscillator

To: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Reference Oscillator
From: Pete Ferrand <petef@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:58:12 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

>The reference oscillator frequency is not related to the BFO oscillators.

I never said it was, you mentioned it and the BFOs are working correctly. The
reference oscillator is off frequency, hence the subject in the email. I want
to fix that.

This may be due to age, someone's replacement part, or perhaps it was off from
the factory, whatever.

My point is yes, the likely problem is the 42 MHz crystal. However, there is no
way to order an crystal meeting Ten-Tec's spec because they never published a
spec. Therefore the new one may be 200 Hz off as well, or a lot more. That is
why modifying the circuit would be far easier and that is what I asked for help
with.

Pete