Re: [TenTec] Omni VI v FT102 receive

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI v FT102 receive
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 06:46:18 -0600
And how did you determine the difference in receiver sensitivity?

The specified sensitivity for the FT-102 is 0.25 uV preamp on, 1.0 uV preamp off.  The Omni VI sensitivity is 0.16 uV.   I would say if you find the FT-102 better than the Omni VI then there is something wrong with the Omni VI.   Also the noise floor for the FT-102 is stated as -103 dBm and for the Omni VI as -133 dBm. The Omni VI is considerably quieter than the FT-102.

73

Bob, K4TAX