Re: [TenTec] Updating Orion II Firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Updating Orion II Firmware
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 21:03:17 -0400
Thanks, Barry... I'm going to QRT for tonight and see if I can get all those cables reconnected behind the transceiver and amplifier. Maybe try a different laptop tomorrow.

This Dell Inspiron has a serial port but it's female and all the cables I can find around here also have female ends --- the only two males are on the serial/USB converter cable and a short Y with two females on the other end.

I don't know how to tell if COM3 is the one connected to the Orion, but it was the only one not giving a "That port is not available" error. Also don't see where to find or select the baud rate.

PS: Re my optimistic "progress" post --- shortly later the process failed,  "communication with the radio failed" or something like that. It wasn't behaving properly anyway.