[TenTec] Omni VI+ LPF Board Relays Buzzing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ LPF Board Relays Buzzing
From: Terry Berman <terrysb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 11:50:50 -0500
I have an Omni VI+ that on startup (about 50% of the time) generates a buzzing
sound which I am certain is a relay.  The sound I am certain is coming from the
low pass filter board.   After a few minutes the buzzing stops and everything
is normal.  While it’s buzzing if I change bands to 160 or 80 it stops.  If I
change to 30, 40, or 20 it starts again.  After only a few minutes all is ok.

The LPF board is wedged in to probably the most inaccessible spot on the rig.
I’ve seen a couple of old posts about pulling this board and replacing relays
that were open.
My initial thought is to pull the board and replace all 12 band change relays
and possibly the K1 relay as well since testing in place looks impossible.  I
found an NTE equivalent to the original relay which seems difficult to find.

Terry, KI3C