[TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone
From: <forum4ll@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 03:06:10 +0000 (UTC)
Happy New Year everyone!

This Omni-D that I've been working has an annoying tone that can be heard
across all bands and it is in the background. It measures about 1khz and will
vary harmonically when I slowly turn the VFO thus changing the 100s hertz digit
in the display. The waveform changes back and forth between a sinusoidal and a
rough sawtooth. I can mask this tone by turning up the Rf gain but its still
there. It is pronounce when the Rf gain is turned down.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Could it be in the VFO or possibly
the IF section?

Lyman KK6LPW
Happy New Year Everyone!

This Omni-D transceiver I'm working on has a 1 khz tone that I can hear in the
background. It is fairly constant across all bands and across the frequency. It
will vary in volume and it can be masked by turning the Rf gain up but it's
always there. When I rotate the dial slowly to change the first digit (hz
digit) on the display, the wave form will from a sine to a sawtooth and back.

What could the problem be? The sensitivity is OK, accuracy of the frequency is
OK