Re: [TenTec] Scout Frequency Error

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout Frequency Error
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:30:11 -0600
Well, each band model has its own crystal local oscillator. The chance of their
all being off 100 Hz is zero.

The PTO can be off, there is a cal process for this - it would affect all bands
the same amount. However, since the counter reads the PTO, it automatically
corrects for PTO errors.

Ditto for the BFO.

Therefore it is likely that the timebase oscillator for the display is out of
calibration.

Alignment is easy, as shown in the manual.