[TenTec] 2 cents

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2 cents
From: john marks via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 03:00:01 +0000 (UTC)
Hopefully, this is within the size limits;
(Instead of the first one which was a reply to everything; should have known
better)
TNX. De KM4CH. John
OK
My two cents.
The Ten Tec name was built on Service, Great Radios, Inovation, and American
Made Quality.Radio of choice for serious operators, especially CW.Those
qualities are still very much sought after in todays market. (Elecraft has
taken some of these strong points, at a cost) But Ten Tec has a loyal
following.
Reminding us that all radio companies are dealing with these manufacturing
issues is not a differentiation. It simply puts you in the same competitive
boat while you are restarting at a disadvantage. I would suggest that you
enlist the support of the Ten Tec following to:1. Find solutions to repair
problems concerning obsolete parts. Re-designs have been developed by several
accomplished and experienced Ten Ten owners, let’s work together. 2. Design
radios with long life and repair issues up front. Modules that can easily be
updated or replaced in the future.3. When you know that critical parts supplies
are coming to the end, let us know up front before we by that Paragon, Omni, or
Orion we always wanted so we can know if it’s gonna be just a parts radio. 4. I
don’t know that I’m am SDR fan yet, but that may be a part of the solution, in
fact. SDR is another area where Ten Tec has been an historical leader, reclaim
that legacy.