[TenTec] PA Bias Omni VI Plus

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PA Bias Omni VI Plus
From: "Gary Hendricks" <k4mt1950@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 02:46:14 -0600
I know the manual has left out a step but I have seen here what is
mentioned as the proper procedure.
What I have read is you turn both bias pots to lowest level and then
adjust R 15 PA bias for 50 ma increase then R 19 driver bias for 500
MA increase.
My radio has never had the red wire unsoldered so probably not
adjusted and it is directly the opposite of what I have seen here.
When I turned PA bias pot R15 down I had around 50 MA of driver
current remaining.
So is the procedure I have seen correct? Do you set PA bias to 50 MA
and driver to 500 MA. Seems like a lit of driver bias.
I am now at a stand still trying to see what is right.
Thanks
Gary K4MT