[TenTec] omni c

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni c
From: ROLAND HOWELL <snowy.howell@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 18:01:33 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi AllJust an update on my Omni C.It turned out to be self inflicted I'm
afraidwhilst waiting for the replacement switches to arrive I changed all the
tropical fish capacitors for epoxy types.Turned out that they are not good in
the IF board, changed them for ceramic types, all ok now, confirmed it with the
spare Omni C that I have.I followed Barry's advice and I injected a very strong
7mHz from my 2022e signal geni into the antenna socket and traced through all
the boards to the audio amp, well it turned out to be the loud speaker even
though the 1kHz audio signal was present earlier during the testing process,
strange!So now I have to acquire a small 8 ohm speaker and the 8 case screws to
finish off the project.So once again, thanks Barry.Snowy G0HZE