Re: [TenTec] Intermittent loss of sensitivity on Orion 566 upon PTT swit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Intermittent loss of sensitivity on Orion 566 upon PTT switching
From: "g3ory@lineone.net" <g3ory@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 09:16:31 +0100 (BST)
Hello Mike,

I had exactly this problem with my O1. I replaced the reed relay which
I think you have identified but it made no difference.
I finally got my brain working a bit better and tracked the fault down
to the vacuum relay in the amplifier!!!  I changed that and all is now
fine.

As to removing the reed relay, I just chopped the wires close to the
relay body and then soldered the new relay to the stub wires left from
the old relay. It avoided surgery on the PCB which might not have ended
well.

73 Bob
G3ORY