Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Mic Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Mic Question
From: Michael Chowning <mike.chowning@mgccc.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:09:36 -0400
There is not a model number on the handmikes (eight pin whether for the Omni VII's and the Eagle's (at least on the two I have). However, I have a Ten Tec model 708A toggle switch mic and stand for my Omni VII. It has an eight pin cable. You can also buy an adapter to go from 4 pin to 8 pin, or from 8 pin to 4 pin, and thus use your favorite mic. For example, I have an adapter, Model 710A, that will adapt my eight pin Ten Tec708A microphone which I normally use on my Omni VII and connect it to my 4 pin mic input on my Jupiter. I did purchase a new handmic for my Eagle (eight pin), and it is different from the original handmic that came with the Eagle, in that it has a wire coil around the cable leading into the mic. On the back of this new Ten Tec mic, it says: "Omni directional dynamic microphone. Impedence 500 ohms." The original mics had no markings on them other than the logo.
      Mike, N8TTR