[TenTec] Corsair 2 to Hercules 2 Auto Bandswitching possible?????

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair 2 to Hercules 2 Auto Bandswitching possible?????
From: jon greenwood via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 01:25:51 +0000 (UTC)
Doug and Fred,
Thanks for follow up comments. I looked at the manual again for the Hercules II
and it lists the pin out to be controlled by the Omni/Corsair I series of
radios. Those that have the extra plug to control the "Linear".So I would have
to think it is the same pin out as the Hercules 1. Either way the manual
details the wiring set up to make the Hercules II work with the Corsair I.
As far as what is needed for the Corsair 2 to have the ability of the Corsair
1. In other words to add the extra "Linear" plug to the Corsair 2.I have looked
at the Corsair 1 osc mixer board Schematic. It shows the two plugs on the board
that connect to the "linear" plug on the back panel of the rig. Following
Fred's comment it looks like on the Corsair 1 there are 3 switches S1E that has
connector #88 on it. That looks to correspond to SW4 on the Corsair II also
with plug #88 connector. Then On Corsair 1 S1D has connector #57 that seems to
correspond to SW5 on the Corsair 2 also connected to plug #57. Then on the
Corsair 1 there is an S1F that has connectors numbered #62 and #63 On the main
Schematic these then connect to the "Linear" plug on the Back of the
Corsair.
So That must be the additional wafer switch that Fred is referring to.
Checking the photo in my book of the board and comparing that to the Online
Corsair 1 manual with a photo of that board the Corsair 1 does have an
additional wafer switch.
So.... IF the C1 board could be subbed for the C2 Board it might be possible,
BUT it looks like it would be a major task.
Too bad Ten Tec removed this feature. It was probably not often used and seldom
missed by most.
I am adding the Hercules II as a matching amp for the Corsair 2 and now just
need to pick up a 238 tuner to complete the setup.
Looks like I will just have to change bands on both as that is the "stock"
setup. If I ever come across a basket case Corsair 1 I might consider a
conversion on the Corsair 2.If anyone can come up with a less invasive option
please share!Jon/n8mus