Re: [TenTec] Orion II master resetting each turn on

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II master resetting each turn on
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:31:10 -0600
>For some period of time a few years back, EVERYONE had problems with
>electrolytics due to a stolen fake formula for the electrolytic compound in the
>caps.  Sure caused a lot of problems.  I had to repair my Samsung big-screen TV
>by replacing electrolytics on the power supply board, for example.  I used to
>know the years this occurred, but no room in my memory for that any more!

Not everyone.  Hams and companies who did the right thing and
continued to buy caps from AMERICAN COMPANIES employing and paying
AMERICAN WORKERS, companies like Illinois Capacitor and CDE had no
problems.  The ones who went the cheap route to save a buck buying
garbage from off-shore and helping to SHIP JOBS OFF SHORE got EXACTLY
WHAT THEY DESERVED.

And what was that?  JUNK.

And what now?  How many of you continue to help create jobs 10,000 MILES AWAY?

How important is it to save a few bucks not buying Illinois Capacitor
electrolytics from vendors like Allied.  Those caps will last 20 years
in Amateur service.   Is saving $100 that important?  That's five
dollars a year.  You want to save that 5 bucks this year and buy crap
that will last how long?

73

Rob
K5UJ