[TenTec] Eagle Comparison

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison
From: James Boswell <jboswell@nrao.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 09:46:34 -0600
Interesting,
Several years ago I got to do this comparison: Omni C vs Eagle. Now we are talking about a simple "what sounds best" comparison. After several hours of listening using a basic HF vertical. I would have to say there was a even comparison. That is an interesting point considering the difference in the age of the radios. With the great sale on the Eagle I would really like to buy one. I am not willing to sell my Omni C.

 My TenTec radios:
                OMNI C         PARAGON
                CORSAIR        CORSAIR II
                DELTA          ARGOSY D

If I were to rate the older TenTec radios, they would be in this order: 1. Corsair II 2. Corsair 3. Omni C 4. Argosy D or Delta. To me, the Omni C just looks like a amateur radio should look. Think about the Collins S line. I take pride in knowing I can do repairs on my older TenTec radios. At my age I may not be able to continue this practice in 10 years or so. I have even purchased extra radios to rob parts from if needed. Yes, I own other HF radios and enjoy camping with my Icom 703 and 7200, two very good radios. If I can, I would like to sell a few of my HF rigs and buy an Eagle while it is still on sale. There is a market for a basic quality radio. The Icom 718 is proof of that market. I feel sure TenTec could serve-up a great analog HF rig with a $500 to 750 price tag.

    Take Care, 73'S  KA5SIW