[TenTec] Visited Ten-Tec This Morning

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Visited Ten-Tec This Morning
From: Jock Irvine <jock.irvine@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:42:11 -0400
I want to thank Stan for his hospitality when I visited Ten-Tec this
morning to try out the Eagle.  My wife and I are on our way to Nashville to
visit relatives, so I wanted to take advantage of my last opportunity to
see where my Corsair and Scout were "born."

The Eagle is a beautiful rig!  I spent about 30 minutes listening to the
receiver on different bands.  The narrowest 100Hz setting sounded fantastic
on CW.  This rig didn't have the 600Hz filter installed, so the ones
they're shipping are even better.  Audio on SSB was outstanding, as well.
Now I have to make the decision whether or not to order one (made more
difficult by the fact that the Corsair is serving me so well).  Stan told
me that the price on the Eagle will go up slightly on August 1, so these
are the last two days to get the best price.  He also confirmed that
there's currently a 14-week wait for the Eagle.

It turns out that the building is going to be leveled at the end of the
year and turned into some kind of retail shop or mini walmart, but they're
not sure what it will be yet.

73 from Sevierville,
Jock, N1JI