Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:09:56 -0700
On 7/25/2014 7:54 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
Keep in mind that "OmniRig" is not a piece of software that is well known on
this side of the pond.

It is well known to those who write ham software to interface with ham rigs, no matter where they happen to live.

Something that you fail to understand. WinTest is software for serious contesters, it's written by Frenchmen, who have their own perspective about what matters. The Eagle is not a radio that is favored by contesters, so it has a low priority for them. No problem -- N1MM has at least 80% of the NA users, is FREE, and it supports the Eagle. The Northern CA Contest Club (NCCC) has >600 members, roughly a quarter of which are active. I know of only one of our members who uses WinTest. Most use N1MM or Writelog.

FWIW, I think some of you are making mountains out of mole hills attempting to support a point of view.

73, Jim K9YC