Re: [TenTec] Eagle AM filter requirement

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle AM filter requirement
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:49:07 -0600
Do understand that with the 15 KHz filter, when on AM, the carrier level will be a few watts low due to the loss in the filter. Personally I find the 6 KHz, 2.4 KHz and 1.8 KHz filters are really ideal for most operations, except FM.

Then for SSB/Digital/CW modes, the 2.4 KHz, 1.8 KHz and 600 Hz.filters are really nice. For contesting, drop the 600 Hz filter and add the 300 Hz filter.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Manship" <mjmanship@iquest.net>