Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:58:05 -0800
On 12/8/2013 12:46 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
I for one do not run any "ground" to the outside. The only "ground" at my stations will be the 3rd pin AC ground as prescribed by NEC for safety reasons. With this approach no ground loop will exist.

The entire concept of a "ground loop" is plain wrong, and leads to false design concepts like what you have outlined. A discussion of all of this is outside the scope of conversation on an email reflector. .

It is the antenna that works against ground, not the radio.

Yes.

73, Jim K9YC