Re: [TenTec] TCXO install

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TCXO install
From: elespe@lisco.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 19:02:06 -0500 (CDT)
I just hated to drill the extra holes in otherwise un touched radio
When I design a retrofit board IK0UYA try real hard to make it look factory
I assume you mean Inrad not Inland?
I have the 2.8 filters from Inrad and if you like a good sounding radio
you will LOVE those filters but if you do I will caution you to change the
carrier balance pots to multi turn type or you will NEVER get the carrier
supression adjusted.
I did not do the audio mod which really only lowers the notch freq to low
end of pass band, I just leave mine set on the high end---radio is too
hissy anyway.
I opted to spend $10 for a miniature hi fi speaker that fits the existing
cutout so I can have good sound from the internal speaker.
All in all a really nice rig for ssb now.
Paul

>>> K8EAA