Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 07:07:21 +0200
Stuart, I have been using spark plugs for 25 years or so.
I was trying to find a picture somewhere but couldn't, so I will dig mine
out of the junk box and make a photo.

My spark plugs were purchased from Annecke, years ago.
He sold them as single, or "matched pair" (hi).
I always insert the pair in openwire feedlines.

In addition, Annecke sold high voltage relays that were built into
water-proof enclosures.
You mount these outdoors away from the house.
The relays ground each side of the openwire when not in use.

I have all of this but unfortunately you can't buy it anymore.
Annecke has been an SK for 15 years and his business simply closed after he
passed away.
However there is nothing special about his stuff.  It is simple enough to
home-brew.

Come October or November, when the wx turns bad, I plan to go back to work
on my web site.
(For now I'm playing with antennas outside).
I have a section of my web dedicated to Annecke's wonderful products, but it
is only about 15% complete.
Eventually I'll have pictures and schematics of everything posted there,
including these static-protection products.
The Annecke section is here:

73
Rick, DJ0IP