Re: [TenTec] Rev. 3.033XA and receive noise level question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rev. 3.033XA and receive noise level question
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:01:02 +0000
I'll take a stab at it - you're not MISSING something with 3.033XA, you're
GETTING something.  Noise level is proportional to bandwidth and that's
what you're now seeing.  AGC threshold masked the low level s-meter action
in earlier versions of firmware.  The new firmware introduced full scale
s-meter action independent of AGC threshold, so you're now able to see the
bandwidth affecting noise level.

73, Barry N1EU