Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:55:13 -0400

On 3/28/2013 4:44 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

Do NOT worry about excessive gain as long as you can turn down the mic
gain on the rig enough to get the same level of modulation and
processing as with your other mic(s).  Then, get critical reports on
your signal quality from someone whose ears you trust.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

        I agree.   on my Omni VII, my Shure and Sennheiser
        headsets were so hot, I had to turn the MIC GAIN
        down to 2-3%  and at that point the microphone was
        either on or off, with little adjustment latitude,
        and the AGC was on full blast full time.

        As JB says, if it does not get that crowded on
        your rig, with your headset, and you still have
        latitude to adjust it, then you may not have quite
        the same issue as I did.  As he suggests - don't fix
        more than the problems you actually have.

Just MY take.