Re: [TenTec] Totally tricked out Omni VI+ On ebay

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Totally tricked out Omni VI+ On ebay
From: Jack Van Demark <wn5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 18:42:11 -0600
Bob:
You seem extremely knowledgeable on the 6+. When did they have to switch to the TCXO's, about what year radio would have them instead of the crystal oven? That radio on eBay has all TenTec filters except the additional roofing filter and circuit board.
Do you use stock TenTec filters in your radios?.
What does the excessive ripple do to the receive audio?
Thanks  73
Jack WN5A