Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:23:09 -0600
Yes, I have one on the desk. I find it to have an outstanding receiver with very good handling of QRM with the DSP BW adjustment and PBT adjustment. I find receive audio quality very good with the internal speaker. TX audio reports using the 709A mike and internal speech processor are "great audio" and often a report as I switch between radios that the Argonaut VI has better sounding transmit audio than my Omni VII.

I use it with N4PY software for computer control and the 712 USB Soundcard interface for digital work. It runs a full 10 watts output on PSK-31 and MCW. The internal speech processor does push the average PEP value up nicely without having the audio sound processed or compressed. On CW the keying is clean and fast.

Very simple radio to set-up and operate. Look at the radio for what it is........ because............that's what it is. The original brochure printing shows it to have a VOX feature. This feature is not present in the current firmware.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <jh.graves@verizon.net>