Re: [TenTec] Balancing Orion 565 VFO knobs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Balancing Orion 565 VFO knobs
From: Michael Cheponis <Michael@Cheponis.Com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:04:51 -0700
I have a 566, and the knobs are perfectly balanced.

You can push on the sliver apron to adjust knob friction -- I have mine set
to minimum.

You can also take them off and re-set the setscrew.  You can remove and
re-adjust and clean the rubber giant "O" ring that you grab on to turn it.

I also have the remote knob, and it is also velvet smooth.

Visitors to my shack are amazed at how nice the 566 feels and shows and
performs; one ham said "I didn't know Ten-Tec made stuff like this!"

-Mike K3MC