Re: [TenTec] new amp

To: <ac5aa@ac5aa.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:16:48 -0500
I bought  Centurion new in 1991 direct from Tentec.  It still has the
original tubes, it has accumulated lots of hours as it gets used almost
daily and it still produces some 1200 watts output.  Would I sell it for the
price of a new one today.......nope!  The fact is, in my opinion, it is
worth more today than the original price I paid.  I've a couple of other
radios in my collection that are worth more today than the original cost.
Try that on your stock portfolio.

To be frank, I'd love to have a fully solid state legal limit amp.   But
dang, to do so, I'd have to sell my Mercedes to buy one.  So today, I'm
happy with my almost legal limit amp and my Mercedes.  The fellow on the
other end will never know the difference and my ego isn't that big.

73
Bob, K4TAX