[TenTec] OrionII LowTX Power on AM&FM 40 meters only

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OrionII LowTX Power on AM&FM 40 meters only
From: "Chris Hinson" <chinson1@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 04:06:39 -0400
Last Thursday I had a light Thunder storm pass just South..Radio was unhooked
from power and antenna. The ground strap was hooked up (my Bad).I hooked back
up and noticed my power output was low on Voice LSB.I Switched into dummy load
and checked LCW it was 100 Watts
I checked AM it was 10 watts and I checked VHFand it was 30 watts. I had power
set at 100 watts for each test. The wattage only slightly change when adjusting
multi knob. It will decrease from 30 watts but wont increase. I can turn multi
up to 100 and fm still puts out 30 watts
I went 80 ,20,17.meters and everything checked ok.In fact every band except 40
meters was ok.
I did both resets  and reinstalled the firmware.and still the same.I even
installed older firm and it did not help
LSB, USB, UCW and LCW are working fine and I am getting great reports.
Thanks in advance for any help. I am planning taking radio to tentec in a few
days if not fixed.
73 , Chris K4osk