[TenTec] N4PY Pegasus software

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] N4PY Pegasus software
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 17:40:16 -0400
Boy did I have fun today!    I saw in the release notes of Carl's latest
version of Pegasus
control software that he added color options to the panel.  Yawn.......who
cares?   Well....I
now care.    :-)    That is a very nice feature.  I doubt it makes the radio
work any better but it
at least looks like it should.

I did not care for the default color so I decided to see what I could come up
with that might be
better.  Long story short, I learned some things about working with custom
colors and now
have three really nice front panel displays.

I have a Pegasus, Jupiter and RX-320.  Usually I run the Pegasus as my primary
rig with the
RX-320 as second (sub) receiver.  That's a great combination by the way.  I use
the Jupiter
though when I run AirMail with the PK-232SC.

'Can get confusing sometimes to this old goat.

Now my Pegasus version has a front panel that closely resembles the beige color
of the
Pegasus case and panel.  The Jupiter version has a soft blue panel representing
the blue
screen on the Jup.  (Black panel did not work so well as it washed out some of
the labels  :-)

Since the RX-320 does not usually have it's own panel on screen but shares the
Pegasus
panel, I decided to make it's panel stand out when I run it stand alone.  It's
a nice eye
catching red.  Can't miss it!   :-)

As you can see, it doesn't take much to keep me occupied.  :-)

Here are the setting I used:

I use Color2 in each case and have each control program loaded into it's own
folder so each
one can be configured independently of the others.

PEGASUS
RED - 240
GREEN - 230
BLUE - 200

JUPITER
RED - 180
GREEN - 200
BLUE - 220

RX-320
LO RED

Thanks Carl!!!

Has anyone come up with other interesting colors?

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY