Re: [TenTec] Fwd: OmniVI logic board work

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: OmniVI logic board work
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:59:09 -0400
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Glenn <wa4aos@aol.com> wrote:

> The test I would like to perform is with two weak signals, less than S1 in
> the passband and an S 9 signal 2 KHz above then 2KHz below the passband.
> My guess is the K3 may get the nod here due it's close in dynamic range.
> However, I know how bad the K3 resolves multiple signals close  together
> at .1uv. I'll need to increase the output of the generators enough so that
> the K3 does clearly resolve/process the two signals.

My two cents:

- don't bother with the strong off-channel signal; the K3 and the O6
fitted with IR cw roofing filter will easily handle this
- it's really not that important that the two closely separated
signals be that weak; the K3's failure to separate closely spaced
signals occurs regardless of signal strength in my experience

Barry N1EU