Re: [TenTec] CorsairII obsolescence - MCU copying

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CorsairII obsolescence - MCU copying
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:18:45 -0500
Steve,
      You are correct.  The AADE display does not include the keyer
function.  However, there are probably at least 10 different keyer boards
that can be fitted into the Corsair II and all of them will have a lot more
features than the original keyer.  Some of the lower cost ones are made by
K1EL (K10, K12 board) and Jackson Harbor Press WB9KZY.  So far, the display
on my Corsair II is still working well.  However, I have one of the AADE
displays on hand just in case it decides to take a dump. ;-)  What is nice
about the AADE display is that it should also work with the original
Corsair.  The Corsair used a totally different set of devices to do the
display function but the inputs are similar to the Corsair II.
Jerry W5JH