[TenTec] Orion III

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion III
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:12:51 -0400
Hi all,

I agree. I'd go with an external panadapter. Why are people rumbling about
an Orion III? Let's get the O-II finalized first. I am still waiting for
an upgrade that will improve the NR part of the rig. One that, when you
activate it, will truly reduce the noise WITHOUT altering the audio quality
of the voice you're receiving.

On some signals it seems to work okay but mostly it distorts the audio and
acts erratically and I am running ver. 2.044A. Different settings of the
AGC threshold and manual AGC level do not seem to make much difference.

73, Tony VE3DWI