Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 01:28:55 -0600
Digging out the data sheets from that maker, it shows pots with 1/4"
shaft and 3/8" bushing, choice of two bushing lengths. That's on the
data sheet offered by Maplin. Digging deeper the factory data sheet
shows a reverse log pot can be had. http://www.omeg.co.uk/p20data1.htm
Whether in quantity one I don't know.

However if the pins don't match the board anyway, it might be handier to
go with a smaller diameter pot and wire leads. I've not checked those.

I don't think I've see a reverse log taper pot offered lately in US
catalogs that I've wandered through like Mouser. Allied doesn't offer a
dual pot of any value. But then Allied has never recovered from being
owned by Radio Shack. Newark neglects to show mounting and shaft
dimensions on line. Useless.

73, Jerry, K0CQ