Re: [TenTec] S Meter Problem with Omni V

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] S Meter Problem with Omni V
From: Frank Kirschner <kirschne@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:28:29 +0000
Well, I assumed that if it were that simple, someone else would have made
the adjustment.  (Note to self: Don't assume.)

You're absolutely right: all it took was adjustment.  R45 was set at its
highest sensitivity.  There is also an S-meter offset adjustment.  I set the
S-meter to read between 0 and 1 on ten meters with no antenna connected, and
to read around S-9 or a little above for a local 80 meter signal.  It may
not be perfectly accurate, but it gives a good relative indication, and I no
longer worry about bending the needle.

Thanks.

73,
Frank