Re: [TenTec] OT: cleaners, etc

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: cleaners, etc
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:29:34 -0500
But before you make the new connections, use Scotch-Brite or a steel wire
brush to burnish the oxide off the aluminum and IMMEDIATELY coat it with
AlumiNOx or whatever the equivalent aluminum oxidation prevention grease is.
Do all mating surfaces this way.  I learned this working for a company that
manufactured power line connectors for Al wire.  I assume that what is true
at 60 Hz is also true at RF, tho I don't know that for sure.  I've done this
with my antennas and have not had a problem with them.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com