[TenTec] [OT] Remote station operation (long list of resources)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] [OT] Remote station operation (long list of resources)
From: Ken N9VV <n9vv@wowway.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:54:18 -0600
Perhaps you have already searched for the well established Remote
Station groups and operations throughout the world. Here is what I
found. GL de Ken N9VV:

http://www.eham.net/forums/Remote_HF_Station_Control
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_base_station
http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/websdr.html
http://ka3odj.servemp3.com/
http://www.carba.net/
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Internet_and_Radio/Online_Receivers/
http://www.stevecrow.net/remotehf/
http://onlinereceivers.net/home.php
http://myqsx.net/cclactivity.php
http://myqsx.net/
http://www.w4mq.com/
http://www.w4mq.com/download.html
http://www.w4mq.com/help/faq.html
http://www.w7dxx.com/
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Internet_and_Radio/
http://www.remotehams.com/index.php
http://www.smeter.net/
http://www.ky6n.com/Fortuna%20Remote/index.html

http://forums.ham-radio.ch/forumdisplay.php?f=46
http://www.n0hr.com/hamradio/45/10/ham_radio0.htm
http://www.k9so.net/?q=node/7
http://wireless.org.uk/remote.htm
http://www.wavenode.com/
http://www.rochesterham.org/Presentations/GetOnAirAnywhere.pdf

experts: Brian, N9ADG, Dick, K7BTW, Mike, K7IR, Hank K9LZJ

An interesting problem seems to be how to control power to a rig
remotely and to disconnect antennas during a storm. Very few rigs
seem to be designed to have their power switch controlled
remotely. There are web based 110VAC power control units that have
been in use in computer machine rooms for 20 years - but what
about 220VAC to the Linear?. Some of the nice units are available
on eBay for $99 (http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html)

Another question is about total protection during lightning storms
in the local area? what about checking remote SWR?

-------------- found using Google ---------------