Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:05:24 -0600
On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 14:10 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> This one has a white Bead.  Don not want to modify the Ten-Tec equipment.
> Replacing the lamp with a different bulb is OK.
>
>  Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

Yes, I checked my lamp drawer. 47 is white bead, its a 44 (6.3 volts 250
ma) that is blue bead. Both are common and ordinary and in the past used
almost universally at 6.3 volts, though the 47 was most common when
tapped across part of the heater in a 35Z5 rectifier part of the series
string heaters in an octal based AC/DC all American 5 tube AM radio.

73, Jerry, K0CQ