Re: [TenTec] O II w/HRD/DM780

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O II w/HRD/DM780
From: "Dick Williams" <k8ztt@mho.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:48:05 -0600
I don't know why you would want to do AFSK with the Orion II?   When you go
to FSK mode you immediately have the filters set up correctly for RTTY; and
additionally you don't have to worry about overdriving the audio.

But yes, you can do AFSK as with any other SSB radio.  You have to use the
SSB position; when switching to FSK, the radio expects to be keyed on the
FSK line.

Hope that helps.

Dick K8ZTT