Re: [TenTec] Model Names

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model Names
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:55:02 -0500
Bob Cunnings writes...

> IIRC, Triton was also a son of Poseidon.

Bob writes,

> IIRC, Triton was also a son of Poseidon.

Makes me long for the Poseidon, rather than his sons.

On the other hand, the Jupiter is named for the Roman god that is Zues
to the ancient Greeks, equal to and slightly greater than Poseidon
(Neptune), so maybe the hierarchy of model names doesn't exactly
follow mythology.

And Corsairs were pirates, of a later age. An argosy is a flotilla of
merchant ships. And who the heck was Omni?

The sea seems to be the common thread (except for Omni), with a mix of
Roman and Greek god names plus sea terms from a later age.

Rick "noting the unpredictability and vengefulness as well as the
power of those classical gods" Denney

---
Richard W. Denney, Jr. PE|Iteris, Inc.              |
Associate Vice President |107 Carpenter Dr. Ste 230 |    703.925.3819
rwd@iteris.com           |Sterling, VA 20164        |Fax 703.471.1757