[TenTec] Differences between the Corsairs and the Paragons

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Differences between the Corsairs and the Paragons
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:18:07 -0700
I know the "big design idea" between the Corsairs and the Paragons:
conversion to 9MHz IF in the former and VHF (45MHz?) in the latter.

But what are the differences between the successive models?

What are the differences between Corsair Model 560 and Corsair II
Model 560?

What are the differences between the Paragon and Paragon II?

I'm interesting in the "hard(er) to see" changes: mixing schemes,
radio/mixer design, gain distribution and the like.

And opinions on usability and performance differences.

This is a sort of follow on to the RX320/Jupiter "dual receive" thread.

>> BTW, how does this differ from the Paragon and Paragon II?
>>

> Only saw a Paragon schematic a few times, so I can't remember
> the details too well. One big difference I do recall is that
> the second IF is not at 455 like the 320/Pegasus/Jupiter/516
> et. al. are.
>
> Duane
> N9DG

Thanks,