[TenTec] Orion II Firmware update...how soon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware update...how soon?
From: <k8jdc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:40:04 -0400
Doug,

      I've been an Orion owner since last fall and have made very few posts
to the list, but I'm going to agree with you on this count.  My previous
main rig was an Icom 746 and I never turned the NR off.  It really worked
great.  On my Orion, I never turn it on (using either V1 or V2 software).
I've experimented with lots of settings, but I've never found the NR to
perform up to my expectations.  So, it stays off.

      I also have to say I'm very surprised that there hasn't been a single
software release for the Orion in the 6 months that I've owned mine.  I
understand that the Omni VII has been the priority for TT, but I think some
of the problems with 2.059 could be fixed with an interim release inside of
6 months instead of waiting for a major software release this far down the
road.

     It's a great radio and I'm happy to support Tentec, but I also hope to
see things improve sooner rather than later.

Dave
K8JDC