[TenTec] IC-7800 and PW-1 vs. Orion II and Centurion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] IC-7800 and PW-1 vs. Orion II and Centurion
From: Rich Holoch <rholoch@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:11:53 -0800
There has been some comment regarding my "foray" into Icom overpriced
land and a review I posted on eHam. All I can say is - don't bother
with the 7800 and PW-1 if you already have a Ten Tec Orion and Ten
Tec Amp. It is NOT a step up, and is NOT worth the extra money.

Luckily I was able to recoup most of my money and went back to a Ten
Tec OrionII and Centurion amp.  If you've ever survived a divorce,
you'll understand how you might do foolish things (hi hi).  I guess
you could say I went a step too far.

My ex wife hated ham radio, and my girlfriend helps me put up
antennas and celebrates with me after working an all time new one -
so life is much better than is used to be.

Rich
KY6R