Re: [TenTec] FWD: Orion Problem

To: <ROGERH@realtracs.com>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FWD: Orion Problem
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:23:36 -0500
Do you have an MW/HF signal generator of some sort?  If so, the next time
the received signals disappear but you still have noise, try sweeping the
generator over its range with the Orion in SSB or CW.  I suspect at some
point--with the sig gen not in the selected ham band--you will hear the
generator sweep through.  I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a
broken synthesizer. A trip back to TT was required.

Bob W2WG