[TenTec] O-II Thoughts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] O-II Thoughts
From: K5XS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:54:54 EST
Guys and Guyettes,
  After many years of blissfully enjoying my Omni VI+, I am very close  to
buying an Orion II.  In the process, I can't help but notice what  appears to
be
an understandably long list of needed software fixes.
  I would greatly appreciate the group's sense of how those glitches  affect
you all.  Generally speaking, do you find the latest release  functionally
solid?  I'm not too worried about some of the minor things,  but I wouldn't
want
to buy just yet if the radio has fundamental operating  issues.  Are there
lock-ups?  Are basic functions reliable?  Is  it ready for prime time?
  Thanks.
Bernie K5XS