[TenTec] 2.037J reloaded

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.037J reloaded
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:27:35 -0700
I reloaded 2.037J and did a master reset.  I still noticed the AGC is way fast
compared to earlier versions, and may be the source of reports of 'raspiness'
in the receive audio.  I hear it too, but was able to mitigate most of the
problem by adding hang-time to all the settings, running them at their slowest
recovery times and increasing the threshold.  I suspect this is related to the
slowed attack time which may be letting peaks overdrive the IF for very short
periods of time. I'll have to do some more listening in the morning, since
there aren't too many signals on at the moment.

At first blush, the SP sound better and I can't hear anything bad in the
transmit audio. The AGC slope makes SSB signals sound better by giving more
depth and dynamic range.  The different sound of the received audio in general
though will take some getting used to.

Ron N6AHA