Re: [TenTec] AM, was "Just noticed ..."

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AM, was "Just noticed ..."
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:51:13 -0400
The classic SSB-AM signal was that generated in the Collins KWS-1 of 1956.

I agree, it's not exactly a transceiver, but another example of  that
kind of signal.

If received in a receiver with 3 kHz filter, the SNR of such a SSB-AM
signal should be the same as with a DSB-AM signal of the same carrier
level  in a 6 kHz wide receiver. It also takes up less spectrum.

Joel Hallas, W1ZR