Re: [TenTec] Corsair differences ...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair differences ...
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:46:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi William,
   I haven't seen any real response to this so I will give it a
try from memory.
   Corsair had a 4 pole 1st IF roofing filter, Corsair II had a 8
pole. Better selectivity on the II.
   Corsair II has an active bandpass CW audio filter Corsair
doesn't.
   Corsair II has built in keyer with one memory. Corsair
doesn't.
   Paint different, Corsair Dark Gray, Corsair II light Gray.
   Corsair has VOX gain and delay control on front panel, Corsair
II moved them to the back and replaced them with Keyer speed and
noise blanker width.
   BTW noise blanker doesn't work very well. It will take out
some types of ignition noise and that's about it.
73 Jim K4CGY